Lisa Baker PhD, Principal & Lead Consultant: As a psychologist, mindfulness teacher, consultant, and leadership coach, Lisa works collaboratively with individuals, teams, and organizations, offering highly accessible, engaging, and effective leadership and team-building training and facilitation. Lisa has extensive expertise in working with teams and organizations experiencing high levels of conflict, uncertainty, and change, including types of work with greater potential for polarization, as well as for transformative change (e.g, politics, law, medicine, academia, education, diversity & inclusion). Additionally, Lisa collaborates with local, national, and international partners to co-create, host, and offer intensive trainings and learning communities in building diversity, equity, belonging, and inclusion across teams and organizations.
Lisa contributes to ongoing scholarship and public discourse, which includes speaking on timely topics for local news outlets, as well as publishing several peer-reviewed articles and book chapters. As a teacher and public speaker, Lisa has an engaging and dynamic style and has held faculty appointments at The University of Wisconsin-Madison and, currently, is a faculty member in the Social Innovation and Sustainability Leadership Program (SISL) at Edgewood College where she offers mindfulness-based leadership courses and retreats. On a national level, Lisa has served as Co-Chair for the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Advisory Committee for the Center for Mindfulness, UMass, Worchester, MA. Lisa also maintains a private practice in Madison, WI.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Counseling Psychology, University of Maryland at College Park, 2004
- Master of Arts (MA), Counseling Psychology, University of Maryland at College Park, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Psychology and Educational Psychology, University of Texas at Austin, 1998
- Deep Diversity® Institute: Leadership Skills for Inclusive Schools and Workplaces Certificate, Anima Leadership, 2019
- Art of Public Dialogue: From Conflict to Conversation Facilitation Certificate™, Process Work Institute & Anima Leadership, 2017-2018
- The 3 Doors Compassion Project Certificate®, The 3 Doors, 2018
- Sustainability Leadership Community Fellow Certificate, Social Innovation and Sustainability Leadership Graduate Program, Edgewood College, Madison, WI, 2016
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program Teacher Training, Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society, UMASS. School of Medicine, Worcester, MA, 2014